Summary of Worker Training Assistance
Worker Training Support: State funded customized training is provided through the North Carolina Community College system. A training profile will be developed in consultation with the client company and a budget developed to support the training project.
Locally, Randolph Community College will coordinate and deliver training through the NC Works Customized Training Program. In order to receive state-funded training the business must be making an appreciable capital investment, deploying new technology, creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, enhancing productivity and profitability, and/or enhancing the skills of workers. Training support may extend for up to 36 months.
Key elements may include the following:
- Consultation and assistance to develop the program
- Job analysis and employee assessment services as part of pre-employment assistance
- Instruction provided by a network of qualified and skilled professionals with industry based experience OR by a qualified company employee with skill and expertise needed for specific job skills (company will be reimbursed for services of skilled employees).
- Train the Trainer services provided to develop instructional skill if needed.
- Trainee to trainer ratio normally 6:1
- Financial assistance available to provide training facilities if not available on site
- Most training materials are provided at no cost and assistance is available to develop materials.
- Travel and per-diem expense reimbursement is provided, in accordance to current policies and guidelines, for company personnel not living in the area who are used as instructors.
- Other project specific training needs may be supported following client consultation.