BUSINESS RECRUITMENT DIRECTOR
Randolph County, NC is poised for growth, and the Randolph County EDC is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated individual to fill a newly-created Business Recruitment Director position.
Under general direction of the President plans, organizes, and implements economic development functions from conception to completion, including business attraction, incentive programs, and product development. Implements economic development goals and objectives, interfaces and coordinates with the development community, site selection consultants, and business prospects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements economic development recruitment and product development initiatives under the guidance of the president.
- Aids in the development of short and long term economic and community development plans.
- Provides professional economic development advice, assists in the application and permitting process, and serves as an advocate for economic development in accordance with goals established by Randolph County EDC, Randolph County government, and the municipalities within the county.
- Works closely with local government officials to identify and overcome areas of concern in the promotion of business attraction to Randolph County.
- Manages client location projects in coordination with local, state, and/or federal agencies as necessary and appropriate.
- Provides information and/or make presentations to elected officials, boards, commissions, civic groups, businesses, individuals, and the general public on economic development issues, programs, services, and plans.
- Develops deep knowledge of existing inventory of available buildings and sites within Randolph County.
- Researches and implements product development initiatives in coordination with the president.
- Assists with negotiation and management of professional service contracts, property sales or acquisition, and economic development-oriented negotiations, as assigned.
- Prepares grant proposals and applications, contracts, and other necessary documents as may be required for necessary community services.
- Works with the president and marketing & research manager to formulate and implement marketing and business attraction strategies
- Maintains strong working relationships with the general public, area businesses, clients, etc.
- Serves as a member of various committees, as assigned.
- Attends professional development workshops and conferences to keep abreast of trends and developments in the field of economic development, and to represent the interests of Randolph County.
- Conducts other related work as assigned.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (verbal and written) including excellent computer skills with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite modules
- Ability to travel regularly
- Experience in economic development, project management, commercial real estate, business development and/or sales
- Ability to analyze data, work with numbers and provide accurate information to potential businesses and industries looking for information.
- Marketing and advertising skills and knowledge with creative and innovative ideas for promoting Randolph County as a great place to do business
- Previous experience working in business attraction at the state, regional, and local levels is preferred.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, preferably with specialization in economic and community development or a related field, and/or equivalent of combination of education and experience.
The Randolph County EDC is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
For questions or to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-626-2233. Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and relevant work samples.
Position will remain open until filled. Annual salary is commensurate with experience and education, with a projected salary range of $65,000 to $85,000. Position carries opportunity for strong performance-related annual bonus. Competitive benefits package.