Centrally located in North Carolina and along the Eastern US Seaboard, Randolph County is one of the state's best-located and most accessible counties.
- Three Interstate Highways, Interstate 85 and newly designated Interstates 73 and 74 transverse the county. Interstates 73 and 74 will junction in the center of the county and provide access to the Upper Midwest and the South Carolina ports.
- Other four-lane highways include US 421, US 64, US 311, US 220, along with two and four-lane state highways provide both access and an easy daily commute throughout the area.
- Three major international airports - Piedmont Triad International, Raleigh-Durham International and Charlotte-Douglas - are within 1-2 hours drive. Asheboro Municipal Airport, with its 5,501-foot runway, is home base for 50 general aviation aircraft and to become one of 20 business airports in the state.
- Rail Service - Two Norfolk Southern railroads lines service the county.
- Federal Express will open a new Mid-Atlantic Hub at the Piedmont Triad International Airport within four years.
- Regionally - Six interstate highways provide a superior network for national logistics.
- North Carolina offers deep water ports in Wilmington and Morehead City; the intermodal terminal in Greensboro serves the port of Wilmington, also easy access to ports of Charleston, Savannah, and Norfolk.