- The primary activity at the business establishment must be an eligible type of business, which includes:
Aircraft maintenance and repair; air courier services hub; company headquarters that creates at least 75 new headquarter jobs; customer service call centers; electronic shopping and mail order houses; information technology and service; manufacturing; motorsports facility; motorsports racing team; research and development; warehousing; and wholesale trade.
- The average wage of the all full-time workers employed by the taxpayer at the establishment during the taxable year must meet or exceed a wage standard for the county in which establishment is located. The wage standard equals 90% of the average wage for all insured private employers in the county and is calculated on an annual basis. Wage standard applies to activities inside and outside urban progress zones.
- The taxpayer must offer qualifying health insurance for all full-time positions at the establishment and pay at least fifty percent (50%) of employee premiums.
- The taxpayer must not have received any significant environmental violations with the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources within the prior five years.
- The taxpayer must not have received any “willful” or “failure to abate” serious OSHA violations at the establishment within the prior three years.
- The taxpayer may not have overdue taxes.
|< Prev||Next >|
For Additional Information
Randolph County Economic Development Corporation
Post Office Box 2001
Asheboro, North Carolina 27204-2001
(336) 626-0777 Fax
Bonnie Renfro - President
Lisa Bennett - Manager, Marketing and Research
Kevin Franklin - Existing Business and Industry Coordinator
- Development Team
- Site Consultant
- Business Resources
- Industrial Financing
- State Incentives
- State Tax Credits
- Local Incentives
- Workforce Development
- Technical Assistance
- World Trade Center
- Small Business Services
- Randolph County Permitting Guide
- Target Industries
- Real Estate